Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Someone’s Having A Beef, Part 2

, , , , | Working | November 25, 2013

(I am working at a high school in the IT department. We have recently hired a new technician. Today is her first day. I have just concluded the building tour.)

Me: “So, that’s about it. Do you have any questions?”

New Hire: “Yeah, do you guys have a fridge where I can stash my lunch?”

Me: “Sure. It’s in the backroom on the left.”

(Five minutes later, I go back to get a cup of coffee.)

Me: “Um, [New Hire], what do you think you’re doing?”

New Hire: “Oh, I’m just cleaning the fridge. I’m a vegan, you see, and I can’t have my lunch contaminated with any animal products.”

Me: “So, you threw away EVERYTHING in the fridge?”

New Hire: “Well, yeah. Everything in there had some sort of animal product in it. And you will never wear that leather jacket again around me. I’m a vegan and it disgusts me. And I’m going to tell the director that she needs to get rid of her leather purse.”

Me: “Yeah, good luck with that.”

(The new hire was fired immediately when she attempted to throw away my director’s purse and everything in it, as it was “contaminated.”)


This story is part of our Vegan Roundup!

Read the next Vegan Roundup story!

Read the Vegan Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!