Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Aren’t Worth Waiting For

, , , , , , , | Romantic | May 30, 2023

CONTENT WARNING: Emotional Abuse

My boyfriend was always on his own time. If he wanted to do something that started at 2:00, we were there at 1:45. If he didn’t want to do it, we were there when we got there.

One time, I went to his house to go to an event that was $100 a ticket. I paid for both of our tickets, and he was going to drive. When I got there, he was sitting in the living room in his underwear, playing video games.

Me: “Are you ready?”

Boyfriend: “Yeah, just about.”

Me: “Okay… We need to leave in like ten minutes.”

Boyfriend: “Okay! I said yes!”

Me: “I’ll go start the car.”

Boyfriend: “Don’t waste my gas!”

Me: “Then you’d better hurry up.”

I sat in the car for half an hour — never actually turning it on — before going back inside. He was still playing video games.

Me: “What are you doing?! Let’s go!”

Boyfriend: “I f****** am! I told you—”

Me: “You know I’ve been sitting out there for half an hour?”

Boyfriend: “Fine! I’ll go!”

He slammed the remote control down and got dressed in record time. On the way to the event, he pulled into a gas station.

Boyfriend: “You’re buying me gas.”

Me: “I didn’t even—”

Boyfriend: “I said fill the f****** tank or I’ll leave you here. You think I’m playing?”

Me: “No, I believe you.”

I walked into the gas station and called my friend to come pick me up. [Boyfriend] sat at the pump waiting for me to come back out.

My friend showed up, I got in her car, and she used his ticket for the event. Since he never paid me for it, she was happy to cover the cost and drive us. We had a great time, and I never picked up the phone for him again.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!