Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

(SO MANY) Mixed Messages

, , , , , , , | Working | November 8, 2022

I have recently started breaking out in hives. My general physician gives me a referral to see an allergist, and I’m talking to the receptionist to set up the appointment.

Receptionist: “The soonest we can get you in is [date nine days from now], at 1:15 pm.”

Me: “That works for me, thanks.”

Receptionist: “You’ll need to arrive fifteen minutes early to fill out a few forms. We are fully booked that day, so it is very important that you’re here by 1:00 so we don’t fall behind.”

Me: “Sure, no problem.”

Receptionist: “Okay. I have you booked for [date] at 1:15; be sure to arrive at least fifteen minutes early.”

Me: “See you then.”

A few minutes later, I receive a text asking me to confirm my appointment, noting to arrive fifteen minutes early. The next day, I get an email and a text reminding me of my appointment and the importance of arriving early, followed by daily text reminders.

The day before my appointment, I get a text, followed by an email, reminding me of my appointment at 1:15 and to arrive by 1:00 pm. I also get this phone call.

Receptionist: “This [Receptionist] from [Allergist]’s office calling to confirm your appointment tomorrow at 1:15.”

Me: “Yes, I’ll be there.”

Receptionist: “Please arrive fifteen minutes early to fill out forms.”

Me: “No problem.”

That evening and the next morning, I receive more text reminders to be there by 1:00. That’s eleven texts, two emails, and two phone calls in nine days, which I think is a bit over the top, but whatever.

I arrive at the office at 12:55 pm and try to go in, but the doors are locked. There is a sign on the door about calling and waiting in your car, so I call to check in.

Me: “Hello, I’m here for my 1:15 appointment and just wondering what I have to do to check in.”

Receptionist: “We are closed from 12:15 until 1:15 for lunch every day. You’ll just have to wait until the doors are open. Next time, do not interrupt our lunch break. We are people, too.”

Me: “None of the texts, emails, or phone calls I received telling me to arrive at 1:00 told me that you would not be open, and the sign on the door told me to call upon arrival. I’m so sorry for ruining your lunch by following directions.”

Receptionist: “We will be with you shortly.”

They did not unlock the doors until 1:25.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!