Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Senseless & Centsless

, , , , , , | Working | July 3, 2012

(My manager is berating me because in the past week there is always money missing from the drawer at the take-out where I work.)

Manager: “Every night, we’re short a different amount. It’s always over ten dollars!”

Me: “That’s pretty bad. But, like I said, five or six different people work this register, so it’s impossible to say if one—”

Manager: “One is either stealing, or is terrible at math!”

Me: “Well, again, I’ll ask around, but—”

(At that moment, a coworker whose shift is over comes up to make an order for take-out.)

Me: *to manager* “Can you give them the discount on their food, please?”

Manager: “Oh, just give it to them for free.”

Me: “Okay, cool. Can you comp their food on the computer, then?”

Manager: “Here, just do this…”

(He enters on the computer that they have paid with a twenty-dollar bill. The drawer opens, and he closes it again.)

Manager: “That’s the easiest way to do an employee discount.”

Me: “But now the computer thinks you’ve taken payment, and you haven’t…” *lightbulb goes off* “Wait, you do this all the time?”

Manager: “Every day. It’s okay if it’s just cash.”

Me: “Uh, I think I know why our drawer is short.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!