Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Retail Staff Are Human, Too

, , , , , | Right | June 13, 2023

I work in a grocery store, but I am taking a few days off to go on a road trip. I go into my store to buy some supplies in the evening before a long night of driving, hoping to make good use of my employee discount.

I am grabbing some snacks (probably way too many) when one of the customers thrusts a piece of paper in my face.

Customer: “You need to find these for me. I am having an off day, and I need your assistance.”

Me: “Oh, well, if you take that list to an employee or the customer service desk, I am sure they will be able to help you.”

Customer: “What do you mean? I am giving it to an employee!”

Me: “While I am employed here, I am off today, so I am just a customer, like you.”

Customer: “You are not like me! I have a real job!”

Me: “Oooookay, well have a nice evening.”

Customer: “They shouldn’t let you shop here with the real customers! It’s too confusing!”

Me: “I need groceries as much as you do, ma’am. Where am I supposed to get them?”

Customer: “I… Well… You should… Ugh, you know what I mean!”

Me: “I really don’t. Where should I shop for my groceries, ma’am?”

Customer: “Stop twisting my words!” *Storms off*

Another customer in the same aisle speaks up.

Customer #2: “Did she just imply that grocery store staff don’t need to eat?”

Me: “I think so? But after that, if I didn’t have to drive right now, I would definitely be in need of a drink!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!