Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Retail: Breaker Of The Human Spirit

, , , , , , , | Right | October 10, 2023

I work as a cashier at a discount grocery store. We have an employee who is super nice and friendly to everyone. She’s worked at the company for many years. She is also taking care of her elderly mother and working full time. 

One day, she is checking out a regular customer and I overhear the conversation.

Regular Customer: “Hi, [Coworker], how are you?”

Coworker: “I’m doing well, and you?”

Regular Customer: “Good. [Coworker], are you okay? You look so tired today.”

Coworker: “Well, Mom fell again last night, and I had to take her to the emergency room. We were there for five hours. I didn’t get home until 3:00 am. Luckily, Mom is fine.”

Regular Customer: “I’m glad to hear that. Take care of yourself and your mom.”

The man standing in line behind the regular customer has heard the whole conversation.

Coworker: “Hello. How are you? Did you find—”

Customer: *Cutting her off* “Look. I don’t give a d*** how tired you are! I don’t give a d*** about your mom. Your job is to ring my groceries up. Do it!”

She was shocked by this but rang up his groceries. The man took his bags and left without another word.

My coworker turned her light off, went to the break room, and never came back.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!