Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pump The Brakes On The Blame-Game

, , , , | Related | May 6, 2020

This happens before I have a cellphone. My little brother is learning to drive, so he hops into the driver’s seat and my sister goes into the passenger seat. I watch them drive away from my window. I notice the car is moving kind of jerky, but I figure it’s just my brother pumping the gas or something. Later, they come back home.

Sister: “You’ll never guess what he did. We got to the store and he noticed he had the emergency brake on!”

Our dad is a mechanic and we have always known that having it on while driving ruins it.

Brother: *To my sister* “I didn’t notice! You should have said something!”

Me: “Oh, I saw you drive from my window and the car was moving a bit strange, but I thought you were pumping the brake.”

Brother & Sister: “What?! Why didn’t you say anything?!”

Me: “What am I supposed to do, run after you screaming??”

Brother & Sister: “Yes! It’s all your fault!”

They still blame me for him not releasing the brake and her not telling him to. Even now, years later, I still have yet to figure out how it’s my fault.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!