Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Fine Day With A Woof And A Purr… Part 3

, , , , , , | Right | March 9, 2024

I am being trained on the retail floor when a coworker approaches my trainer.

Trainer: *To me* “So, how many times are you going to be working per week—”

Coworker: *Interrupting* “[Trainer], you told me to tell you when CCL was here.”

Trainer: “Oh, so early? Thanks! We’ll be right over.”

Me: “CCL?”

Trainer: “Crazy Cat Lady.”

Me: “Oh! We have one of those?”

Trainer: “Yes, but the ‘crazy’ refers to the cat, not the lady.”

Me: “What do you mean?”

Trainer: “You’re not allergic to or bothered by cats, are you?”

Me: “Not in the slightest.”

Trainer: “Then follow me. You’ll see.”

We head over to the entrance of the store, and I am introduced to a young woman who has one of those backpacks with a see-through dome that allows a cat to sit inside and observe the outside world.

Trainer: “This is [Customer], and our favorite customer, Dog.”

Me: *Waving at the cat* “Hi, Dog!” *To the customer* “Why is the cat called ‘Dog’?”

Customer: “You’ll see.”

She takes Dog out of her backpack and places her on the ground. Suddenly, I am convinced that some cosmic error has occurred and the soul of an excitable golden retriever puppy has been placed inside the body of this cat. He’s running around, jumping up on us all, and lying back for belly rubs, and even his meowing sounds a little like a puppy bark.

Me: “Oh, wow.”

We play with Dog for a few minutes, and then the customer places him back into the bag and does her shopping.

Me: *To my trainer* “That was great; I needed that.”

Trainer: “Yup! Me, too! They come in three times a week. So, where were we? Oh, yeah — so, how many times are you going to be working per week?”

Me: “Three times a week!”

Related:
One Fine Day With A Woof And A Purr… Part 2
One Fine Day With A Woof And A Purr…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!