Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 48

, , , , | Right | June 28, 2023

A family comes in who lost an iPhone camping. They start out right off the bat with:

Customer: “We already tried locating it, and it’s gone. Thank goodness we have insurance, so please help us file a claim.”

Straight forward enough. I do the claim for them, though they could have done this online on their own. I’m very polite despite how pushy and demanding they are.

Me: “You can come back in when you get the new phone if you need help with iCloud or anything else.”

The next day, they come back with the new phone. They walk right up to me while I’m helping someone else and start yelling.

Customer: “Why didn’t you tell us we could track the old phone?! We have a friend who works at Apple, and he knows all about it, and he said that you didn’t do your job because you didn’t try to locate the phone first!”

Me: “Sir, the very first thing you mentioned was that you had already tried to locate it.”

Customer: “Well, I meant find it.”

Me: “Okay, well, ‘locating an iPhone’ usually means using ‘Find My iPhone’. Simple communication error, but we can still try while it’s active.”

But no, he wouldn’t listen to anything I was saying at that point, was acting like a total p***k, and became kind of scary. He ended up calling our district manager later in the week. The DM finally lost his temper and gave the guy a long-winded lecture about behaving like an adult, treating retail employees like human beings, etc. The guy came in later and actually apologized!

Related:
Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 47
Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 46
Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 45
Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 44
Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 43

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!