Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not So Closed Minded, Part 37

, , , , , | Right | February 29, 2024

Our store has a woman who always comes in five minutes from closing. I’m a manager, and I try to remind people that we close in five minutes. I let her know and head to the back to do my closing stuff.

About ten minutes later, I get one of the sweetest girls crying in my office saying the customer wants to speak to me. I’m confused because she should be out of the store already. I walk back out, and this customer is still there.

Customer: “That girl on your checkout is so stupid and slow! I should be checked out by now!”

She has a LOT of items!

Customer: “I have an emergency!”

We’re a clothing store catering to women of a certain age. No one is having an old lady cardigan emergency.

I am pissed that she is even still in my store, so while she rants, I quietly close all of the registers. As I get to the third and final register, it dawns on her what I am doing, and she gets even more pissed.

Customer: “What are you doing?! I’m talking to you!”

Me: “We are closed. If you’d like, I can create a hold for you until we close tomorrow. But I am officially not open anymore and, therefore, no one here has to listen to you anymore. Are you going to leave now or give me a name to hold your purchase under?”

She got even angrier, turned red, and stormed out.

Related:
Not So Closed Minded, Part 36
Not So Closed Minded, Part 35
Not So Closed Minded, Part 34
Not So Closed Minded, Part 33
Not So Closed Minded, Part 32

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!