Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2016 Retrospective

, | Right | October 17, 2022

Dear readers,

D***, folks, we’re back at it again with the white Vans! Er… the anniversary roundup. It was a 2016 meme. Anyway…

We’re looking back at 2016 today! US gymnast Simone Biles took the Olympic stage for the first time this year, and the Chicago Cubs won their first World Series in 108 years. Pokémon GO took over everyone’s lives, Hamilton took home eleven Tony Awards, and the giant panda was removed from the endangered species list.

2016 was the year that Leonardo DiCaprio finally won the Oscar for best actor, Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her ninetieth birthday, and Lorelai and Rory Gilmore returned to the small screen after nine long years with Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life. The big screen saw the release of an all-female Ghostbusters reboot, Deadpool, and Doctor Strange.

2016 was an exciting year here at NotAlwaysRight, too; we published over nine thousand stories from our readers! We also launched our Instagram page, which now boasts nearly fifty thousand followers!

Now it’s time to dive into thirty of the best stories of 2016!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

A Cent-less Amount Of Swearing – If she’s like this over twenty cents for chocolate, imagine how she acts when there’s a real problem.

The Final One Word On The Matter – Good boss.

Heroic Rescue Required On Aisle Three – Y’all ever see someone get clotheslined in real life?

Pay Him To Keep Quiet As A Mouse – Hits from the comments: “My mother once called animal control about a snake under our sink. It was a potholder.”

A Hot Slice Of Kindness, Part 2 – If only all customers could be a quarter as kind as this one.

The Golden Age Of Tech Support – You can teach an old dog new tricks if they’re willing to learn!

Caught Red-Painted – You have to be one step ahead when scammers show their true colors.

Can’t Ever Get The Delivery Right – Some jerks really will use anything to try for a discount.

Criminals Shouldn’t Like It Too Hot – All that and no donuts for you. Tragic.

An Alarming Lack Of Alarming – Why did he even answer the phone?!

How Do You Like Dem Cherry Pies? – It’s no wonder the teenagers this customer encounters always seem disrespectful.

Karma Knows Where To Park – “Apparently we’re not allowed to park in the fire lane anymore!” ANYMORE?!

That Deal Has Fully Checked Out – We’re just so, so sad for this customer who didn’t get what she wanted. So sad.

A Thief In Wolf’s Clothing – Sounds like they picked the perfect name for their furry friend!

It Was A ‘No’ Brainer – It pays to be nice… but this is also really sad.

 

Readers’ Choice – Top Fifteen Voted Stories Of The Year

Has Beef With Your Explanation – We have no words for this kind of stupid.

DNA Or PayI think that’s what we refer to as “calling their bluff”.

That Explains My New FerrariThis guy is a genius!

Only Have Yourself To Name – All together now: SHE HAD IT COMIN’!

This Puzzle Is A Matter Of Life Or DeathOh, thank GOD!

Transcending A**-Holes, Part 2Everyone deserves to feel safe when they shop.

Never Forgets His HumanityWe wish we could give everyone in this story a hug.

Buy Him A Hot Slice Of Karma, Part 2 – Ah, to live like it’s your last day every day…

Travelled North Of Your Nice LevelWhat does being an American have to do with anything?!

Fighting For Those Who CannotWe really wish smackdowns like this weren’t necessary.

Being Nice Isn’t In Her ‘Lexi’-conWe want to assure you now: this one ends happy.

Fighting For Three“Just because you’ve lived a long time, doesn’t mean you can be rude.” THIS PART.

Don’t Have A Cow, Man You left the gate open?!

I Propose Kicking Him Out – We’re so glad she dodged that bullet!


Remember to check back on our 15th-anniversary content by visiting our special tag created just for this occasion!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!