Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Deal Has Fully Checked Out

| Right | June 11, 2016

(Our store has a deal where you buy €200 worth of merchandise and you get €50 off. You have to have a flyer/coupon that we spammed everyone with for two weeks. Knowing most people will forget to bring them in, I stash a few extra away and help people out that are close to €200 that don’t have a flyer. Now I have just one left. I ring up a woman.)

Me: “Your total is €198 plus change. You can grab anything you wants in the store for less than €51, since it will effectively be free.”

Customer: “Why? I don’t want anything else!”

Me: *explains the promotion to her*

Customer: “I just want the things I have.”

Me: “I notice you have a pack of gum already rung up, if you hand me another pack I can save you €49 and change.”

Customer: *irritated* “I don’t want it!”

(I comply with her demands and finalize the sale. I ring up the next customer, a young American soldier; while she is pondering over her receipt.)

Soldier: *stating loudly* “I am getting a video game system and it will break the €200 barrier!”

(The conversation between the woman and me FINALLY sinks in.)

Customer: “Wait! I want to add to my total!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I’m in the middle of a transaction; it’s not possible.”

(The soldier secured my last ‘up for grabs’ flyer. The woman was upset and demanded a refund, which I was not allowed to do. She demanded to speak to the manager. When my manager spoke with her, I was out of earshot. When I was approached by the manager about what happened with the lady customer, whatever she said had me in hot water. The soldier then came back in, having seen or heard the commotion, and explained that I did everything I could to save the lady money. My Real American Hero!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!