Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2021 Retrospective

, | Right | October 26, 2022

Dear readers,

And so we come to the last roundup in the Not Always Right 15th-anniversary celebration. We hope that revisiting all these amazing stories from every year since the start has been as nostalgic and entertaining for you as it has been for us. What started as a fun little site about moaning customers has evolved into a community, a safe space of solidarity for all those who are persevering through minimum-wage retail jobs, taking solace in the fact that they’re not the only ones force-smiling through rude customers and entitled jerks.

We wouldn’t have made it fifteen years without our readers and your amazing stories! Some of you have been with us since the beginning and others discovered us later, but all of you spur the NAR team on to always bring you as many stories as we can, every single day, from entertaining to enlightening, from hilarious to heartwarming!

From all of us here at Not Always Right, to all of our dear readers: THANK YOU!

Here’s to another fifteen years!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

It’s Cute That You Think That We Care – A fresh take on “killing them with kindness”.

In Line And Out Of Line, Part 17 – We have to wonder, did the machine really freeze, or was the cashier giving Karma a little help?

A Snappy Comeback – Hits from the comments: “Treat me like a dog, I’ll definitely be a b****.”

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2020 Retrospective

, | Right | October 25, 2022

Dear readers,

All right, people, let’s get this out of the way right now. 2020 was… a rough freakin’ year. It felt like the apocalyptic year from Hades that would never end. But since we’re celebrating here, we’re going to focus on the positives!

2020 was the year that J-Lo and Shakira rocked the halftime show at the Super Bowl. This was the year that everything was cake. EVERYTHING. Macaulay Culkin turned forty, Michael B. Jordan won People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Parasite became the first non-English-language movie to win the Oscar for best picture, and Elon Musk and Grimes named their newborn X Æ A-Xii. (No, we still don’t know how to pronounce it.)

This was the year of Tiger King, Artemis Fowl, and Disney’s live-action Mulan. A petition to change the name of Columbus, Ohio, the birthplace of Guy Fieri, to “Flavortown” gathered 130,000 signatures. (Look. It was a weird year. We know.)

Meanwhile, here at Not Always Right, we reached new heights with over ten thousand published stories submitted by our resilient readers! Grab a bottle of hand sanitizer and dive in with us as we explore some of the highlights of 2020!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

A Regular Ol’ Scumbag – At least there’s one decent person running things around here!

Cuddles Have Been Booked – Hits from the comments: “I’m 100% on the dog’s side in this and this is clearly a NAP (Not Always Petting) story. Woof.”

Anger Rising, Just Like The Plane – The only way this could’ve ended better is if the author had puked on him.

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2018 Retrospective

, | Right | October 24, 2022

Dear readers*,

It’s anniversary roundup time once again, friends! This time, we’re heading back to 2018. This year, The Simpsons aired its 636th episode and became the longest-running primetime series, Meghan Markle married Prince Harry, and Karthik Nemmani won the 2018 Scripps National Spelling Bee with the word “koinonia”. (We had to look it up: “Christian fellowship or communion, with God or, more commonly, with fellow Christians.”)

The Winter Olympics dazzled us from Pyeongchang, South Korea in 2018. Scientists discovered twelve new moons orbiting Jupiter, bringing its total moon count to seventy-nine. The Philadephia Eagles defeated the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl this year, and YouTube surpassed 1.5 billion users. And it was in 2018 that the ending of Avengers: Infinity War dropped jaws and shattered hearts around the world.

Here at Not Always Right, things were rolling right along with another 9,100 awesome stories submitted by our loyal readers. We also introduced the Not Always Legal category, the baby of the NAR family, a place where crazy court cases and funny police encounters can be shared!

And now, to the best NAR stories of 2018!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Checkout This Justice! – You give them an inch, they take a mile, and then you throw it back in their face.

One Way To Be A Lady Killer – Wow, the audacity of this jerk!

A Child’s Priorities Are The Ultimate Christmas Gift – Hits from the comments: “There’s hope for this kid, tbh.”

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2019 Retrospective

, | Right | October 21, 2022

Dear readers,

It is time once again to delve into days past with our 15th-anniversary celebration! Today, we’re taking a look at 2019. This was the year UCLA gymnast Katelyn Ohashi went viral with an incredible floor routine that scored her a perfect ten. Grey’s Anatomy shot its fifteenth season, Greta Thunberg was TIME’s Person Of The Year, and we were introduced to Baby Yoda (or Grogu, if you’re fancy) and fell head over heels.

In 2019, NASA astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir became the first to complete an all-female spacewalk. Scientists released the first-ever image of a black hole, which took two years to be put together.

2019 was the year of Avengers: Endgame, Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood, that completely cursed Cats movie… and the publishing of Not Always Right’s longest story to date, The Epic Of The Impossible Store, known around the comments and forums as “The Trash Room”!

Let’s take a gander at some of the other delights 2019 had to offer here at Not Always Right!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Scream If You Don’t Want To Go Faster – Like a forgotten boomerang, it finally hit him.

Protect The Dog, And Everyone Will Protect You – You hurt the dog, all bets are off. (Spoilers: the dog is okay, promise!)

The Easter Bunny Has Learned To Avoid Black Friday – Hits from the comments: “Sounds like someone’s already prepared for the apocalypse.”

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – The Feel Good Stories!

, , | Right | October 20, 2022

Dear readers,

As Not Always Right has grown over the years, we felt it best to hire some onion ninjas to combat the near-constant deluge of stories about entitled and selfish customers. As much as our stories can destroy hope for humanity, we felt it was a requirement to occasionally remind you that it’s not all so bad, and decent human beings can be found out there.

We started publishing these stories as their own category – Not Always Hopeless – but we soon found that feel-good and inspirational stories could be found among all our categories, and separating them out on their own defeated the purpose of offering our readers a surprise warm hug when reading those feeds. Therefore we started migrating these stories to their own tag – Inspirational – and today, that is where you can find all our positive stories to restore your faith in humanity.

As part of our fifteenth-anniversary celebrations, we’ve rounded up the fifteen top-voted and the fifteen editors’ favorites from this tag. Again… beware the onion ninjas!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Feel-Good Stories

Out Shopping For A New Friend – All it takes out is reaching out once, sometimes.

That Is ‘Pretty’ Awesome – This story turns all of us into a blubbering mess every time. Your turn!

Se Habla Japañol – It’s always a good time when your bilingualism and theirs overlap!

(more…)