Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Never Sausage A Thing Before, Part 4

, , , , | Right | March 15, 2022

I work at a student union bar while at university. The bar doesn’t really do great business and so comes up with new ideas to try to attract more customers. One of these ideas is a hotdog stand, which is not popular! I am the first server on shift when this happens. The stand is on the other side of the room from the bar. I’m not allowed to call out about the hotdogs in order to attract customers. I am told to simply sit beneath a sign at the cart and wait for customers to come to me.

I customer approaches, refusing to make eye contact and shifting from side to side.

Customer: “Yeah, I bought a hotdog half an hour ago and it was cold. I want my money back!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I’m unable to do that. If you have a problem, please go to the bar and ask for a manager.”

Customer: “Listen, you served me a disgusting, cold hotdog! Just give me £2!”

Me: “Like I said, I am unable to do that. Please speak to a manager at the bar if you are unhappy.”

The customer heads off to the bar and returns with a manager, a guy who is generally miserable in his job.

Manager: “This gentleman says you served him a cold hotdog and won’t refund him. Give him his money back!”

Me: “I can’t do that.”

Manager: “Why not?!”

Me: “I’ve been here for two hours and I’ve been the only one serving hotdogs today. I’ve not sold a single hotdog. This gentleman is mistaken.”

This was the politest way I could think of to say, “He’s trying to scam us.”

The customer disappeared. The manager scowled at me and stomped off.

Related:
Never Sausage A Thing Before, Part 3
Never Sausage A Thing Before, Part 2
Never Sausage A Thing Before

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!