Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mother Nature Doesn’t Do Disabled Parking

, , , , | Right | December 20, 2023

I am working at a visitor’s center at a large national park. A visitor approaches me.

Visitor: “Do you have any paths to [Remote, Isolated Location] that are wheelchair-accessible?”

Me: “I’m afraid that since that area is quite remote and still very much as nature intended, it’s not a suitable place to visit for anyone but our more experienced hikers.”

Visitor: “So, you discriminate against the disabled?”

Me: “Uh… no, we have plenty of trails and paths that are very accessible to wheelchair users. This is a large national park, and large sections of it are kept as nature intended, which does limit their accessibility.” 

Visitor: “Are you saying nature intended to discriminate against wheelchair users?”

Me: “Uh… I don’t think nature intended anything. It’s just the way it is.”

Visitor: “I will be writing to everyone that [National Park] hates disabled people!”

The visitor leaves, but another visitor is in line behind them and speaks up.

Next Visitor: “In nature, any creature that can’t walk doesn’t live very long. Would they prefer we go back to that system?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!