Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Miss Trunchbull Would’ve Had A Field Day With Cell Phones

, , , , , | Learning | February 9, 2024

I attended a rather strict private high school during the latter half of the 2010s. They had a strict “no cell phone use on campus” policy that applied from the moment you walked on campus until you left at the end of the day, regardless of whether you came early or left late. Violations meant an automatic detention if you weren’t just given a verbal warning. 

On this particular day, I had choir practice immediately after school, which was on the first floor of a four-story class building. My last class was on the second floor of the same building, so I got there almost immediately. Coming out of the staircase, I noticed our school’s disciplinarian (imagine Miss Trunchbull but about five-foot-nothing and without the corporal punishment) hovering around the door, but I didn’t pay her much mind. 

Our instructor was talking with someone, so a few others and I were waiting around in the hall. We watched almost in terrified awe as [Disciplinarian] gave out no less than two dozen detention slips for phone use in a roughly ten-minute period as people poured out of the staircase before she left satisfied. 

They changed the policy to only apply during actual school hours the next year, so I guess she started pushing her luck a bit too much and enough parents complained.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!