Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Misplaced Muffins

, , , , , , , | Friendly | August 1, 2022

I started a new medication after my blood pressure was persistently high, and on the first day, I unexpectedly became dizzy and nauseous while out and about town. I bought a small cup of fountain pop from a street vendor and then sat down against a building to get myself back together.

After about fifteen minutes, an older woman walked up to me, dropped some coins into my soda, and then gave me a package of muffins.

Woman: “Be strong. You can make it.”

Then, she walked away, while the only thing going through my head was, “Huh?!”

It took me several seconds to figure out what the h*** that was about, and then it hit me.

I’m really trying not to come off as bragging, but, lady… I am wearing an almost brand-new pair of Air Jordans that I spent $125 on, I have a $200 pair of wireless Beats headphones resting around my neck, I have a $600 iPhone in my hand and a laptop bag resting against me with the logo from MSI gaming laptops (hint: they aren’t the cheapest laptops on the market), and I’m wearing a polo shirt with my employer’s name and logo embroidered on it — a company that produces software.

Bless your heart and your generosity, lady, but you aren’t the most observant person, are you? Thanks for the muffins, anyway. They were actually pretty good and I felt much better!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!