Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Microwave For A Micro-Brain, Part 2

, , , , , | Working | December 6, 2022

I do freelance PC repairs. I’m called by a lady who owns a repair shop for TVs and home appliances.

Repair Shop Owner: “I want to add PC repairs to my services. I can offer you 50% of the charged price.”

Since I’m not working much at the moment, I agree. She calls me to the first service and wants to be there for the first repair to see how I treat the client.

We are at the client’s home.

Me: “Can you tell me what the problem is?”

Client: “The PC doesn’t turn on.”

I sit next to it and switch the “on” button, and it turns on.

Client: “It turns off after a while, though…”

I am troubleshooting when I hear the repair shop owner go to the kitchen with the client, who comments that her microwave isn’t heating the food. The shop owner opens it, sees that it’s a bit scratched, and says one of the stupidest things I have heard.

Repair Shop Owner: “Well, since it’s all scratched up, the lasers can’t bounce off the walls, and that’s why it’s not heating up.”

I facepalm so hard.

The seven-year-old kid who is there with the client speaks up.

Client’s Child: “Microwaves don’t work with lasers.”

The owner then argues with the kid, making up stuff to defend her argument. Finally, the kid comes to the PC and speaks to me.

Client’s Child: *Politely* “Could I use the PC for a second?”

He went to Wikipedia, looked for the entry on microwave ovens, and printed it. Before the kid showed her the article, I simply stood up, called the lady up, said there was nothing wrong with the PC, and left. I never worked with that lady again.

Related:
Microwave For A Micro-Brain

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!