Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Less Than Half An Understanding

, , , , , , | Working | July 1, 2018

(My husband and I have a coupon for a local burrito place where, if you buy one burrito and a drink, you get another burrito for half price. We order, pay, and go sit to wait for our food. While we’re waiting, we realize that the price was wrong — they charged us less than they were supposed to — so we go back up to pay the difference.)

Husband: “Hey, our coupon was for buy-one-get-one-half-off burritos, but you gave us the second burrito for free.”

Cashier #1: “What?”

Husband: “Instead of charging us $4.00 for the second burrito, you didn’t charge us anything. It’s only supposed to be half-off, not free.”

Cashier #1: “I put it in as half off your order because it works out to be the same thing.”

Husband: “It’s really not the same.”

(Another cashier comes over to see what the problem is. We explain our concern to him and he nods with understanding. We are glad someone finally understands until he smiles and says with extreme confidence:)

Cashier #2: “We just put it in as half off your order because it all works out the same!”

(We stopped arguing at that point and just enjoyed our free burrito.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!