Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Usually Customers That Struggle With The “Custom” Part Of “Customer”

, , , , , | Working | July 24, 2023

There is a new Japanese donut store in my parents’ town. One day, while stopping by the ramen house adjacent to it, I decide to pop in and get some milk tea. They have a seasonal donut that looks good, so I decide to get one as well. 

There are no other customers in the store and only one employee working. After she does some things around the space, she takes my order. After handing me my tea and donut, she goes back to work. I stand there for a moment before she looks back at me, confused.

Employee: “I’m sorry, did you need something else?”

Me: *Pauses* “Yes… To pay?”

Employee: “Oh. Huh.”

She looked confused but rang me up. The seasonal donut was supposed to be a dollar extra, but she didn’t ring that in. By then, I’d been there for nearly ten minutes, and I knew my ride was circling the block, so I just swiped my card and left. 

It’s a college town, but she was a middle-aged woman. She seriously was willing to let me leave with ten dollars worth of food without paying!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!