Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s The Only Weekend Of Summer They Get Up There

, , , | Right | October 16, 2019

(I’m the owner of a small local garage situated in a pretty popular area in Oslo. In Norway, about 80% of us go on a common summer holiday this weekend, and the last weeks before that are always the busiest weeks of the year. The phone rings:)

Me: “[Garage]. It’s [My Name]; how can I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, it’s [Customer]. I’m originally a customer at [Local Competitor], but they can’t help me as they are going on holiday on Friday. Can you help me? I need a check on my car.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but the situation is the same here. We are also closing on Friday for the summer holiday.”

Customer: “Okay, do you know of anyone who can help me?”

Me: “Sorry, my best advice is to pick up your phone and the [Phone Book] and start calling around.”

Customer: *explodes* “WHY THE H*** IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET SOME HELP WITH MY CAR? IT’S NOT A F****** HUMAN RIGHT TO HAVE A HOLIDAY IN JULY!”

Me: *getting really pissed, as I don’t like to be yelled at* “Why is it so important to get your car checked this week?”

Customer: “We are going on holiday on Monday!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!