Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s The Ice Thing To Do

, , , , , , , | Right | April 15, 2024

I am a fairly newly adult-aged person, not yet independent due to severe life complications that are outside the scope of this site. I am out with my grandparents, and they decide to have me go into the grocery store with $5 to buy some ice.

I go into the store — which, at this point, I’ve never done on my own — and go to get the ice. I go to the checkout line, and since I have a massive sweet tooth, a candy catches my eye. I decide to grab it and hope I can afford it with the ice.

Next to the big bag of ice, the candy is very small. This, combined with a look at the screen, tips me off that the cashier has failed to notice the candy. I ask as much, and the cashier confirms my suspicions and adds it to the bill. It turns out that I can’t afford both the candy and the ice with the money allotted.

Obviously, my plan is to (somewhat sadly) put the candy away, since I’m not completely uncivilized, but a nearby employee is watching all this… and decides they’ll cover the cost of the candy for me. Thank you, kind employee!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!