Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If Their Cage-Fighting Jobs Dry Up…

, , , , , , | Right | May 22, 2021

I’m temporarily filling in as night auditor. After our security guard has left for the night, about 2:00 am, I get a call from a guest that complains of a party going on near his room at the far end of the hotel.

Guest #1: “They’re in [list of rooms], and they have the metal locks flipped so the doors don’t shut and they are allowing the doors to slam against them repeatedly.”

I call down to the rooms.

Me: “Can you please quiet down? We’re receiving complaints.”

Guest #2: “We promise we will be quiet.” *Hangs up*

Shortly, after the first guest calls back.

Guest #1: “Nothing has changed! They’re still being loud and slamming the doors.”

I call back down to the rooms.

Me: “You need to quiet down; I have received more complaints. I will need to bill any discounts I need to give out to your rooms.”

Guest #2: “I’m sorry. We’ll quiet down.”

About twenty minutes later, the first guest shows up at the front desk.

Guest: “The party down the hall has continued at full volume, and my kids and I are totally unable to sleep.”

As he is talking, two men walk into the lobby and wait to check in. The guest finishes talking, and from behind him, one of the men that just entered yells:

Guest #3: “WHO’S BEING LOUD?!”

This startles both [Guest #1] and me, and I notice the two men for the first time. They are both enormous, extremely muscular men, who I find out are CAGE FIGHTERS that just came from an event at a local arena.

[Guest #1] and I explain the situation briefly, and the man who shouted turns on his heels and heads for the back of the hotel. I go running after them down the hall and arrive just as they reach the rooms. The doors are still propped open, and the CAGE FIGHTER lays into the people for disturbing the nearby guests and causing me trouble.

Guest #3: “My room is nearby, as well, and I had better not hear any more noise.”

The rest of the night was perfectly quiet.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!