Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Make Sure People’s Sympathy Wallets Are Always Empty

, , , , , | Friendly | February 10, 2024

I am sitting at the train station, waiting inside before going to catch my bus. A man comes up to me, and I know he’ll beg for money as I recognise him.

Man: “Can you spare some money?”

Me: “No, I’m sorry.”

Not only am I a student with very little income, but I also do not have any cash as cash isn’t valid in most stores anymore.

Man: “Please, I need some money.”

Me: “I don’t have any cash, sorry.”

Man: “I know you do!”

This goes back and forth a couple of times, and I am starting to feel threatened as he hangs closer and closer over me. I don’t know why, but I end up taking out my wallet, opening it, and showing him that I have no cash whatsoever.

Me: “See, no cash!”

Man: *Pointing at my debit card* “You can take out money and give me.”

I hurriedly put my wallet back into my bag.

Me: “No, you can’t take out bills less than a hundred.”

Man: “You can give me that!

Me: “No!”

Having gotten my things in order, I stood up and hurried away, with him yelling after me that I had money. The truth was that if I had given him 100, I’d have given him more than a third of the money in my account.

I have later understood from others who try to get me to give money to charity that I look like someone who has money. My coat apparently looks expensive; however, I got it on sale, and the price was lowered further because the pocket was damaged and had to be sewn. My jewellery, which costs less than 100 SEK (around 10 USD or 8 GBP), apparently looks like it should cost at least a thousand. It’s made of plastic!

I am quite tired of people trying to guilt me for not giving of what little I have to every poor person and charity out there, but he will always be remembered as the scariest one.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!