Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How Hard Is It To Be Civil?

, , , , , , | Working | April 8, 2022

My friends and I were in Las Vegas for the weekend. We stopped at a pizza place and ordered a large pepperoni and sausage pizza. The cashier told me it would be fifteen minutes, so we took a seat. Everyone else filtering through the shop ordered single slices, so they came and went while my friends and I waited.

Finally, after thirty minutes, the cashier pulled a whole pepperoni and sausage pizza from the oven and put it in a box. I stood up and walked to the pick-up window.

The cashier looked up at me and down at the pizza, and then he turned and put it down behind the counter before turning away from me.

Me: *Politely* “Excuse me?”

The cashier pulled out his phone.

Me: *Louder* “Excuse me?”

He stepped further away.

Me: *Yelling* “EXCUSE ME!”

Cashier: *Turning around* “You have to order down there!”

He pointed to the cash register.

Me: “I did!”

I held up the receipt and pointed at the box.

Me: “I believe that’s my pizza you just put back there.”

Cashier: “Did you order a pineapple and ham?”

Me: “No, I ordered a large pepperoni and sausage, just like that pizza you just put over there.”

I handed over my receipt. The cashier looked at it, rolled his eyes, and grabbed the pizza. He dropped it on the pick-up counter and walked away.

Me: “Seriously?”

Cashier: “You got your pizza, okay?”

He waved me off.

Me: *Sarcastically* “Oh, thanks so much!”

My friends and I took our pizza and left. It was good but not worth the money we paid and the attitude.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!