Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Grandma’s Happiness Has Gone To The Dogs

, , , , , , | Right | March 13, 2024

A woman with a seeing-eye dog gets in line at the fast food place where I work. An older woman and her granddaughter are in line ahead of her.

Customer’s Granddaughter: “Grandma, look! A doggie!”

Customer: “Ugh! That’s terrible!” *Pointing at me* “You! Call a manager! Someone has bought their dog into the restaurant!”

Me: “That’s a service animal, ma’am. They’re allowed in here.”

Customer With The Dog: “This is a working animal, ma’am. He’s here to help me.”

Customer: “That is not a working animal!”

Customer With The Dog: “And how would you know?”

Customer: “He is not working! He looks too happy!”

Customer With The Dog: “That… makes no sense. He’s working, and he’s allowed to be here by law, regardless of how happy you think he looks.”

Customer:Hmph! Well, I don’t look that happy at work!”

Customer’s Granddaughter: *With childlike innocence* “Grandma, you don’t look happy anywhere!”

I’m glad I wasn’t on my break as I would have spat out my coffee!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!