Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

From Zero To Scary Eastern-European Lady In Ten Seconds

, , , , , , | Right | July 9, 2023

My manager (and owner) of the little convenience store I work in is a scary old Eastern European lady. Her family franchises a bunch of the stores in the city

I am working a night shift, and [Manager] is in the office Facetiming relatives in her home country. A customer comes in. From his overall swagger and attitude, plus my experience working the night shift, I know he’s going to be trouble.

Customer: “Sup, sexy. I want my smokes, but I don’t want you to be a b**** about the ID.”

Before I can even speak a word, my manager barrels out of the office faster than a woman of her age really should. She suddenly grabs the customer’s arm and forcefully walks him toward the exit.

Manager: “Out! You! Out! You no talk to her that way! She a lady! You talk to her like you talk to your mother!”

They get to the exit, and now the customer is standing outside.

Manager: “We try again, but this time with respect!”

The customer is confused for a second, as he hasn’t finished processing what has just happened. He eventually recovers, sheepishly walks into the store, and says to me:

Customer: “Uh… a pack of [cigarettes], please.”

Me: “May I see your ID, please?”

Customer: “I, uh… I don’t have it. Could I just—”

The customer then looks at my manager, who is standing there, looking stern, hands on her hips.

Customer: “Never mind. I’ll just go.”

It’s great to have a boss who takes no s*** from anyone.


This story is part of the Highest-Voted-Stories Of-2023 roundup!

Read the next story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!