Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Patience For The Impatient

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: ajcampbell86 | July 9, 2023

As a security guard, I often have to deal with customers from stores. Normally, it’s to get them to leave if they are doing something the store doesn’t like, but on this one day, I got to tell off an impatient Entitled Jerk at [Clothing Store].

I was stationed as security for a shopping center, and as part of my rounds when I would first clock in, I would check in with the [Clothing Store] as I was always called in to help them stop someone from stealing.

On this particular day, the store was PACKED. I was talking to the Loss Prevention person stationed at the door, checking in to see which manager was in charge for the night and seeing how the store had been so far. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two ladies standing at the jewelry counter waiting to be helped and glaring at us.

Loss Prevention: “I’ve already called someone to help those ladies, but they just haven’t gotten here yet since it’s slammed and all hands are needed to ring customers out. The line is so long it’s almost out the door!”

As we were finishing up our talk, which was only maybe three minutes at most, I turned to walk out the door to finish my rounds when one of the ladies suddenly yelled toward me.

Lady: *In a very rude tone* “Excuse me! I need some help here!”

Me: “Ma’am, he already called someone for you.” *Pointing to [Loss Prevention]* “As you can see, they are swamped and the line is long. Maybe you should grow some patience and learn to wait your turn.”

I then walked out of the store with the biggest smile on my face, and my inner customer service rep was clapping at finally being able to tell off an Entitled Jerk.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!