Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Know How To Interstate This Any Clearer

, , , , , | Right | December 6, 2020

Me: “[Restaurant], how can I help you?”

Caller: “We need to make an order.”

Me: “Sure thing! Is this gonna be for delivery or pickup?”

Caller: “Delivery.”

I get their name and phone number into the system.

Me: “All right, what’s the street address?”

Caller: “We’re at the [International Hotel Chain].”

Me: “Okay, what is the address? There are a few around here.”

Caller: “Well, we’re not familiar with the area. It’s in [City we’re currently in.]”

Me: “Okay, there are three or four in [City]. Is there a main drag that you’re off of? A large street or highway?”

Caller: “Off of [Major Interstate that crosses a couple of states].”

Me: “Okay, what exit? I can try to look it up.”

Caller: “There’s a [Mexican Restaurant] next door!”

Being somewhat familiar with the area, I take a guess that they may be the next exit up from us.

Me: “Is there an office supply store across the street?”

Caller’s Husband: *In the background* “I don’t know! I’m looking out the window and all I see is a [Mexican Restaurant]!”

Me: *Googling* “Well, it looks like you may be on the next exit, which is just out of our delivery area. But fortunately, we can—”

Caller: *Click*

If she’d have listened, I’d have been able to suggest our new partnership with an app-based delivery service that would’ve been able to send someone to pick up and deliver her food. But how do you expect us to deliver if you can’t tell us where to go? Are we supposed to just know all of the hotels up and down the interstate and which one you’re magically in?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!