Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Freak Out Unless You’ve Checked Out

, , , , | Right | August 26, 2022

I’m working at the front desk of a hotel. A man comes in, slaps his receipt on the counter, and starts going off about charges after checkout. I stay polite and calm, but this guy is being a massive jerk — threatening to have me fired and sue the hotel, etc.

After checking things out on the computer, I see that his room was never checked out in the system, so I call up to the room, and a woman answers. The room was under the man’s name, but it was registered to two people. Once they are checked in, the guests have the option of extending their stay by calling down to the front desk and charging it to the credit card on file.

When I tell the man that his room is still checked in, he goes even more nuts, though he does say that he didn’t officially check out at the front desk.

Long story short, it turns out that this guy had picked up a sex worker and brought her to the hotel. The next morning, he left before her, but she decided to stay. Not only was she extending the rental, but she also brought other customers to the room. The angry guy is still really mad but is now also really embarrassed and keeps trying to discreetly hide his wedding band.

He insists that the cops be called, and shortly after they arrive, we have two cops, the angry guy, the sex worker, and her “manager” in our conference room working this out.

No one is arrested, and in the end, the only thing the angry guys gets is shame and embarrassment.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!