Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

9 Stories In Honor Of Our Favorite Ninth Planet — Pluto!

| Right | August 26, 2022

Dear readers,

Sixteen years ago, in 2006, the International Astronomical Union officially demoted Pluto from an official planet to a “dwarf planet”. And if you’re anything like me, you still have weirdly strong feelings about that. Pluto may be over three billion miles away from us, but it’s still close to our hearts.

Wednesday, August 24th was National Pluto Demoted Day, and in honor of the tiniest (non)-planet in our solar system, we’ve assembled 9 stories from our archives about people whose knowledge of the cosmos is just a bit… out there!

 

I Didn’t Planet This Way – Astronomy is so simple that even a five-year-old can figure it out!

The Union Of Soviet Solar Systems – We’re not sure what socialism has to do with this, but okay.

When You’re Always Right, The Earth Revolves Around You – Hits from the comments: “I am minded of a chihuahua that picks fights with big dogs and never understands why he loses.”

He’s Reaching For The Stars – The lady from the last story would be really embarrassed if she faced this little guy.

The Mis-appliance Of Science – Maybe they meant the Disney character…

Gives New Meaning To Gas Giant – We’d be remiss if we didn’t include at least one Uranus joke in this roundup!

Europa-thetic At Spelling – Hey, she’s a sixth-grade teacher, not an astronaut.

Double Your Solar, Double Your Fun – I’m an American, but… GO BACK TO AMERICA.

Better Than A Space Delivery Boy – This guy took “rising above it” to new heights in the most literal way possible.

 

We hope you enjoyed this Pluto-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

13 Spacey Stories About Aliens And Those Who Believe…

 

10 Hilarious Stories Of Customers Who Don’t Understand Science

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!