Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Dine And Dash And Leave A Calling Card

, , , , , , , | Right | April 10, 2024

I have served a table with two young guys who both ordered a rather large amount of food. I go back to check on them after seating a larger table to see that they have dined and dashed. I forlornly go to inform my manager.

Manager: “But… they booked using their membership account. We have, like… all their details! We even have the credit card details they used that we charge a no-show fee with!”

Me: “So, what are you going to do?”

Manager: “I’m about to see how far I can push our ‘automatic gratuity’ percentage!”

Their bill came to over $120, and the system allowed my manager to charge their card a 100% gratuity charge, effectively bringing their bill to $240!

A few days later, my manager tells me he got this phone call.

Caller: “Why do I have a f****** $240 charge from you guys on my Amex?!”

After looking up the details.

Manager: “Ah, yes, that would be the young gentleman with the Chicago Cubs jersey who dined with us at the weekend. He and his friend skipped out on the bill, but they left their credit card details with us via an online booking.”

There followed a few moments of silence while the caller processed this.

Caller: “…That was my son.”

Manager: “As I surmised.”

Caller: “And you’re telling me he ran out without paying?”

Manager: “Yes, as confirmed by both my waitstaff and our camera footage.”

Caller: “Even though they made a reservation online using my credit card.”

Manager: “That appears to be the case, yes, sir.”

Caller: “Those stupid motherf***ers!” *Click*

Literally the next day, I see one of those young diners enter the restaurant with his stern-looking father.

Said father makes his son apologize and makes him give us another $100 cash as a tip.

Father: “That’s his allowance. It’s not my money this time. And because of this, he’ll be working for me… for free… until he goes to college!”

Manager: “Thank you, sir. We appreciate it.”

Father: “Hopefully, college will teach him not to be so f****** stupid!” 

They both left, and we all burst out laughing.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!