Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Does His Mother Know How He’s Behaving?!

, , , , , , | Working | November 15, 2023

When I was twenty-four we had a teenage parcel (cart pusher, bag boy, or whatever you call them where you’re from) at our store. 

One day, he came up to me.

Parcel: “Hey, can I be honest with you? I mean, like, brutally honest?”

I don’t remember what he said the day before, but I do remember that it was insulting. I thought he was going to insult me again, but I just wanted to get it over with.

Me: “Fine.”

Parcel: “I really want to f*** your brains out.”

I froze in shock, as I had never had someone speak to me this way before. I didn’t know what to say.

Me: “Uhhhh… thank… you?”

Parcel: “So, what do you think?”

Me: “I think you’re illegal.”

Parcel: “What do you mean?”

Me: “You’re seventeen. I’m twenty-four. That’s illegal.”

Parcel: “Oh… Well, I turn eighteen in August!”

Me: “That’s nice.”

Parcel: “So, what do you think?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but no.”

For the rest of that day and most of the next, he continued to make inappropriate and disgusting comments about what he wanted to do to me and how I should just bend over. I went to his boss, who happened to be the brother of a very good friend of mine.

Me: “Hey, [Boss], can I ask you for a favor? [Parcel] has been coming on to me and making very horrible comments.”

I went into detail.

Me: “Could you talk to him as the brother of my friend? Like, unofficially, man to man? I don’t want to get him fired because he’s just a kid on his first job… but I’m also worried that if I keep turning him down, he’s going to tell others that it is me going after him.”

I was worried that he would make it seem like I was a pedophile, which would mean police and send my reputation down the toilet, even when found innocent. [Boss] talked to [Parcel], and he retaliated by trying to hit me with fat rubber bands and other various small items. I talked to [Boss] again, and [Parcel] was written up.

Fast forward two months.

Coworker: “Hey, did you hear that [Parcel] has a girlfriend?”

Me: “Really? Well, that’s nice. Maybe he’ll leave me alone now.”

Coworker: *Pauses* “You… haven’t seen her… She looks, sounds, and acts just like you.”

Me: “…I guess he has a type?”

[Parcel] eventually was fired, though for something else.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!