Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Clients Representatives From Hell

, , , , | Right | February 9, 2024

I work for a call center. We get a call from someone who claims he is a representative for [Client]. [Client] has no representative listed.

Representative: “[Client] asked me to call because he is sick. He wants a copy of his contract. When can I pick it up?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you are not listed as a representative. I can, however, make a copy of this contract and have it mailed (post) to him. He would have it tomorrow, then.”

Representative: “No, that won’t do. I need it to process an application for him, and I can’t visit him because he’s sick.”

Me: “I’m terribly sorry to hear that, but unfortunately, I cannot give copies to people who are not listed as legal representatives. This is why I offered to send it by mail.”

Representative: “That’s ridiculous! I help [Client] all the time! Fine, then just mail it to me.”

Me: “I can’t do that, sir. The [privacy law] makes it very clear that this type of contract may only be given or sent to the person on the contract, or their legal representatives.”

Representative: “Fine, I am his legal representative.”

Me: “Could you send me the legal proof through email?”

Representative: “Why are you being so difficult?! What harm can it do to send me a sheet of paper?! Just do it!”

Me: “Well, sir, if I would send you this contract, I would not only put my job on the line, but I would also be personally legally liable…”

I just throw in some legal-sounding things because I don’t know the exact legal terms, but I do know that it would get me into a lot of legal trouble and could result in very high fines.

Me: “…if anything happened to the document without the client’s written and legal consent. So, that’s the harm it could do, sir.”

He hung up. I mailed the contract to the client (with a letter explaining why) and made sure to make a note in the client’s file.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!