Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Canada, Cards, And Cash, Oh My!  

, , , , | Right | January 29, 2020

(I am currently covering customer service while the associate is on their lunch. I have a gentleman come up asking about our calling cards to the states.)

Me: “At my desk, I have a $5 ones as well as a $30 one.”

Customer: “Well, how many minutes would I get for $5?”

(I am unsure of this answer so I read him information off the back of the card, and then I have to figure out what amount of card he wants. Finally, after going through five different cards, he settles on two $5 ones.)

Me: “So, your total comes to [total].”

Customer: “Now wait. How am I so sure this will work? If it doesn’t, can I bring it back to get my money back?”

Me: “Unfortunately, sir, we do not do refunds on these for the simple fact you could use it, empty it, and then claim it never worked and get free money.”

Customer: “Well, s***, how am I so sure it’ll work?!”

Me: “As soon as I swipe it, it activates itself and will work.”

(As he pulls out money to pay, I realize he’s paying in American money. We do accept it, but at the till I’m using, the button won’t work to convert it. I explain to him that I need to take him to one of our tills to ring him through.)

Customer: “So now, after all that trouble, you won’t even take my money? This f****** country is so backward!”

Me: “Sir, I said I could take it, just not at this till; the button is broken.”

(We proceed to the till, and I redo the transaction, take his money, convert it, and start handing him back his change in Canadian currency.)

Customer: “What the h*** are you doing?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “What in the h*** are you giving me that money?”

Me: “I’m sorry, Canadian money? Sir, we’re in Canada.”

Customer: “So?! I paid in good American money! Why in the f*** would you not give me money from America?!”

Me: “Sir, we’re in Canada. Why would I give you USA money?”

Customer: “BECAUSE THAT’S HOW I PAID YOU!”

(We went back and forth a few more times and he still couldn’t understand why I was giving him our currency. As he was leaving he claimed he was “never coming back to this stupid country.”)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!