Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Being The Change You Want To See In The World

, , , , , , | Right | July 23, 2019

I am the bad customer, though unintentionally.

We went to our favorite sushi restaurant and it was packed. One waiter was running around, taking care of everyone, and doing his best. We could tell he was a good waiter but a bit flustered.

I did not receive one of our rolls we ordered, but we were stuffed by that point anyway, so we told him it was fine and he took it off our tab. We paid him in cash and he said he’d be right back with our change, but we told him to keep the change, tipped the sushi guy, and left happy.

I got home and realized I had too much money left — I knew how much I started with — and realized I had paid for our food, tipped the sushi guy, and stiffed the waiter! I immediately drove back, explained what had happened, and apologized. He was very gracious and said, “Well, drinks were a little slow, and I did miss one of your rolls.”

I told him he did a great job and that I was embarrassed that I had forgotten his tip, and gave him a few extra bucks. He held out his hand for a shake and thanked me for returning. I redeemed myself, but what a dummy! I am still cringing at my “keep the change,” remark as, at that point, it was literally just some change, about 11 cents. Ouch.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!