Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

At A Wedding You Usually Raise A Toast, Not A Coast

, , , , , , | Right | December 21, 2023

I was working at a popular vacation spot on the East Coast. A bride booked her wedding at our location years in advance, and everything went smoothly until everyone arrived and she realized her fatal mistake.

She wanted her ceremony on the beach at sunset, with the sun setting over the water.

She lost her cool when she was informed that we could not accommodate her. The sun would be setting over the land, not the water. Why? Because she was on the East Coast, and the sun sets in the West.

She had planned this for years, all the while missing that one key fact. No amount of tantrums, money thrown, or demands could change the way the planet rotated.

And because this little fact didn’t come out until the literal day of the wedding, we couldn’t even dig up the supplies to at least give her custom background photographs of a sunset over the water. 

I have no idea how the marriage is going now, but the staff still tells the story of the bride who demanded that we literally move heaven and earth for her.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!