Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 33

, , , , , | Right | April 30, 2024

It is during the time when wearing masks is a mandate and we are stressing the need for customers to remain six feet apart if possible. A masked customer approaches me.

Customer: “Where are you selling your masks?”

Me: “We have boxes of them in various places throughout the store, such as near the entrance and at the checkouts.”

Customer: “Can I buy them all?” 

Me: “All? Well, we limit it to two boxes per customers, so—”

Customer: “But I want to buy them all.” 

Me: “We have hundreds of boxes in stock, and each box has a hundred masks. What do you need all the masks for?”

Customer: “You don’t let anyone in if they’re not wearing a mask, right?” 

Me: “Right.”

Customer: “So, if I buy up all the masks, then no one else will be able to get a mask, and I’ll have this place to myself!”

Me: “Okay, first of all, that will cost you hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars, even if we did let you buy them all up. Secondly, we live in a city with almost half a million people; there are going to be a lot more people coming here than you could ‘buy out’, but you forgot the most important thing.”

Customer: “What’s that?”

Me: “We give a free mask out to every customer who doesn’t have one.”

Customer: “Ugh! That’s ridiculous! If they can’t afford a mask, then the plague should claim them!”

Me: “Sir, based on the face I am making at you right now, be very glad half of it is being covered by a mask…”

He purchased his two boxes and drove off in his very expensive car. The worst customer I ever encountered during that terrible time.

Related:
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 32
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 31
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 30
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 29
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 28

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!