Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Amazing What Happens When You’re Not A Jerk

, , , , , , | Right | August 5, 2023

We’re about to take a cross-country trip, but our small commuter plane got in late and we missed the connection, so all of us in the same predicament are in line at the airline desk to be rebooked. In front of us is a very agitated lady.

Lady: “You must get me on my original flight.”

Agent: “I’m sorry, but the doors have closed and the plane is about to taxi to the runway.”

Lady: “This is unacceptable! I have my junior high school reunion tonight, and I can’t miss it!”

Agent: “Again, there is not anything I can do to get you on that flight.”

They go back and forth for a bit, but I tune them out and chat with my traveling companion until the agent calls us up.

Agent: “Unfortunately, your original flight has already departed, and the next flight we have going to your destination leaves about four hours from now.”

Me: “That is fine. We have no other option, and it’s not like you were the reason our first flight got us in late. We’ll still get there today, which is all that matters to us.”

I took our new boarding passes, and we wandered the airport, had a good meal, and finally sat in some comfy chairs with a view of the plane traffic. As I was handing my companion her boarding pass, I noticed that we’d been upgraded to First Class, which my long legs immediately appreciated.

We got to board the plane first, and we could only sit there and smirk as who showed up but Agitated Lady — by her expression, she was still in a foul mood — in the boarding group for the seats at the very back of the plane.

Proves it does pay to be nice to those who are trying to help you out in a situation that is beyond anyone’s control.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!