Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Affirmed

, , , , , | Working | May 28, 2012

(I’m the only female who works at this particular comic book store. My boss isn’t particularly happy that I was hired because I’m a woman, and he’s made backhanded and insulting comments since the day I started working there.)

Customer: “It’s a pretty refreshing change to see a woman here.”

Me: “Thank you, sir. I’m glad I could help you! I think you’ll really be pleased with your selection.”

Customer: *to my boss* “She was really great. She knew more about the Justice League than I ever did! She introduced me to a couple new lines too. Good job hiring her!”

My Boss: *in a condescending tone* “Yes, well, she’s our affirmative action, if you get what I’m saying.”

Me: *to customer* “Here you go, sir. I also included an invite for our free comic book day in a couple of weeks, I hope you can make it back over. We’ll have some I think you’ll really like!”

Customer: “Thank you! You were a fantastic help.” *to my boss* “Perhaps you should be careful how you speak about your employees. You could offend someone.”

My Boss: *brushes it off* “Yeah, okay…”

(A week later, my boss was fired. Turns out the customer was the owner’s brother doing a little secret shopping for him!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!