Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Scanner Barkly

, , , , , , | Right | September 9, 2023

Our store allows dogs if they’re on a leash, or in the case of this customer, they’re tiny little Chihuahuas in her little Chanel bag.

I am scanning her items, but the dog doesn’t like the “beep” noise my checkout makes every time I scan something. It growls a sniveling little growl at first, but then it starts lunging and barking at me every time.

Me: “Ma’am, do you mind moving your… bag… to your other side? I’m worried your dog might… get injured by my checkout.”

Customer: *On her phone* “Oh, he’s fine.”

Me: “Ma’am, I don’t think he is, and besides, I am not fine, either. Can you put your bag over your other shoulder so that you’re between your dog and me?”

Customer: “What do you have against dogs?! This store allows dogs! Why are you discriminating against me?!”

Me: “I’m not, ma’am, but your dog is having an aggressive reaction to my checkout noise, and I am worried that it will escalate if I scan the next twenty-or-so of your items.”

The customer rolls her eyes but does as I ask. I cautiously continue scanning the items with the Chihuahua protesting. However, then, she places her bag — containing the dog — ON TO THE BELT, so that she can text more easily with two hands. There is now nothing stopping this dog from jumping out of the bag and lunging straight toward me

I stop scanning, and the customer looks up from her phone.

Customer: “Why have you stopped?”

Me: “I’ll continue when you pick your bag back up, ma’am.”

Customer:Oh, my God! Are you serious?! He’s just a little Chihuahua!”

Me: “Ma’am, in the last few minutes, I am confident I can provide an accurate count of exactly how many teeth your dog has. Pick him up and place him behind you, or I am refusing you service.”

Customer:Oh, my God! You’re such a cry baby! He’s just a little excitable, aren’t you, my little shnookums?!

She reaches to pet the traumatized-looking dog, who then growls and snaps at her hand, drawing blood. The customer is shocked, and then she looks at me as I stare back at her, eyebrow raised.

Me: “Band-aids are on aisle thirteen. I’ll wait. Take your dog with you when you go.” 

She was silent after that! The dog wasn’t.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!