Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sampler Of Uncaring Employees

, , , , , , | Working | July 11, 2023

I stop at a gas station with a convenience store just ten minutes from my house. In the convenience store is a little made-to-order food area. I order a sampler: boneless wings, mozzarella sticks, and jalapeño poppers. The employee calling out the orders is new.

Employee: “[Order number]!”

Woman: “Oh, that’s mine!”

Me: “Actually, it’s mine.”

I reach for the bag, but the woman snatches it from the employee and nearly runs from the store.

Me: “Um… that was mine.”

Employee: “She took it.”

Me: “Yes.”

Employee: “Okay?”

Me: “So… she took my food. I need it remade.”

Employee: “We already made it.”

Me: “And that woman took it instead of her order.”

Employee: “So… you want hers?”

Me: “No… I want my food remade.”

The employee rolls his eyes. I’m about to ask someone else for a manager when the woman returns.

Woman: “This is not my sandwich!”

She dumps the bag on the floor, and my food goes everywhere.

Woman: “What is wrong with you people?!”

Employee: “Did you order [sandwich]? [Order number not remotely close to mine]?”

Woman: “Yes!”

She holds up the order slip that shows what she ordered and her order number.

Employee: “It just got done! Have a nice day!” *To me* “Yes?”

Me: “I want your manager!

He walks away, going on with the waiting orders. After three orders without a word to me, [Employee] rolls his eyes and goes to speak with someone else.

Manager: “Hi, I’m [Manager]. I’m the manager on duty today. I hear there was an issue with your food.”

Me: “Yes. Another woman took it, left the store, came back…” *gestures to the food on the floor* “…and dumped it on the floor. I asked for it to be remade, and your employee is… just… He offered me the other woman’s food but has ignored all requests to remake my food.”

Manager: *Eyes huge* “Oh. No, that’s not okay. I will give you a refund and personally remake your food right now. Please follow me to the register.”

I got my refund and fresh hot food before heading home. [Employee] tried to talk to [Manager] several times while he was cooking, but [Manager] only told him to go back to the other orders. As I was leaving, I looked back and saw [Employee] sweeping up the food the woman had dropped on the floor.

I have been back several times since but have not seen the new employee.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!