Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Good Reason To Be Feeling Spicy

, , , , | Working | March 16, 2021

I’m out to lunch with family at a popular pizza place. I order a small veggie pizza. A couple of bites in, I realize that it’s really spicy. A relative tries a slice and confirms that it’s not just me. My stomach is very sensitive to spicy food, so this isn’t good for me. I flag down the waiter.

Me: “Hi. Does this veggie pizza have jalapeños on it?”

Waiter: “No. Why do you ask?”

Me: “It’s spicy. Really spicy.”

Waiter: “That’s odd. One second, I’ll get my manager.”

He comes back with a manager.

Manager: “I understand there’s an issue with the pizza?”

Me: “It’s very spicy. I’m pretty sensitive to spicy food, so I just wanted to make sure there aren’t jalapeños on it.”

Manager: “There’s not supposed to be. The veggies are sautéed in salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Let me check with the kitchen to see exactly what went on your pizza.”

The manager disappears for several minutes. He returns, shaking his head.

Manager: “Ma’am, I have found the problem, and I’m very sorry. It seems that our chef accidentally sautéed all the vegetables for the veggie pizza in an excessive amount of crushed red pepper flakes this morning. Your pizza is free, obviously…”


This story is part of the Spicy roundup!

Read the next Spicy roundup story!

Read the Spicy roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!