Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Complaint Doesn’t Hold Water

, , , , | Working | March 15, 2021

I normally work in the office, but today I’m spending the day on the factory floor. It is in the middle of a heatwave, and I’m certainly missing the air-conditioning, but I have a job to do.

About mid-morning, someone wheels in a couple of pallets of bottled water and encourages everyone to take one if needed.

I let the crowd grab theirs and then grab one myself and try to go back to what I was doing.

Worker: “Hey, they’re not for you.”

Me: “Water has been provided for everyone working on the shop floor.”

Worker: “But you work in the office; I’ve seen you.”

Me: “But, as you might be able to tell, I am currently working on the shop floor and feel the heat just like you do.”

Worker: “I’m not having this.”

He stomps off towards the production manager, who walks over to me. The production manager is a massive man, broad and tall. He is an intimidating figure, but luckily, he is a reasonable guy.

Production Manager: “What’s the problem?”

Me: “Oh, nothing. [Worker] over there thinks I don’t sweat.”

Production Manager: “Oh, you’re doing that timing thing today, ain’t you?”

Me: “Yeah, should be done before quitting time.”

Production Manager: “Bloody [Worker] told me you were taking all the water to the office. I will deal with him.”

He walked off. The whole shop floor could hear his booming voice shouting after [Worker]. It was funny to see someone who had been so aggressive just moments before sniveling and caught out in a lie. 

[Worker] didn’t bother me afterward, and I thoroughly enjoyed my drink of water.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!