Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s No Need To Be So Spicy!

, , , | Right | February 22, 2021

I own and run a herbalist shop, wherein I sell my own fire cider. For those who don’t know, fire cider is vinegar mixed with spicy herbs and plants; some people take it during flu and cold season. It’s the only product that I personally make in my store, and it is something I am very proud of. It is, however, not for the faint of heart. The flavor is quite powerful!

One day, a customer comes in and samples a few things around the store before she comes to my fire cider.

Customer: “Can I try this one, too?”

Me: “Sure, though I should warn you that the flavor is very strong. How do you do with spicy things?”

Customer: “I love spicy foods!”

I take out a sample cup and pour her a sample. The cups aren’t even shot-sized; they’re pretty small. I also hand her a cup of water to wash it down. She drinks the fire cider and immediately starts coughing, sputtering, and then screaming.

Customer: “Did you just poison me?! My tongue and throat are on fire!”

Me: “Drink the water I gave you! I told you it was spicy!”

Customer: “I’m going to sue you! I’m going to get this whole place shut down for poisoning me!”

She throws her empty sample cup and half-full water cup at me before rushing out of the store. As she leaves, a couple comes in.

Man: “Is everything okay?”

I start to wipe water from my shirt and try to force a smile.

Me: “Yep, she just didn’t expect how hot her sample would be!”

She never came back, and I was never sued, of course.


This story is part of the Spicy roundup!

Read the next Spicy roundup story!

Read the Spicy roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!