Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Dad’s (Humorous) Dilemma

, , , , , , , | Related | January 18, 2024

My dad has ADD or inattentive ADHD. He frequently forgets that he’s supposed to do tasks, or he will get distracted halfway through a task and leave it unfinished. As such, moments like this happen all the time. 

My dad and I have divided up the household chores for the evening. I’m cleaning the kitchen, and Dad is taking the trash and recycling from the kitchen out to the big bins, pulling the big bins to the curb, and watering the plants. As I watch, he takes out the bins from the kitchen to the larger bin at the back. I hear the garage door open and close, and then Dad comes back in and wanders upstairs. I give him five minutes and then call out to him.

Me: “Hey, Dad! Don’t forget to finish the trash and water the plants!”

Dad: “I know I need to do the plants, but the trash is done.”

Me: “I mean, it’s at the curb… but you’ve left the empty recycling bin in the kitchen, I have no clue where you left the trash bin, neither of them has a bag in it, and I think you took the lids outside with the big bins.”

Dad: “…Yeah, good point. I’ll be down in a second.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!