Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #149608

, , , | Unfiltered | May 8, 2019

(I’m with my sister at her favorite clothing store. I’m sitting in one of the chairs outside the changing room while she is trying on clothes. I turn my attention to the 2 female cashiers at the front of the store, one of which I’ve had my eye on ever since I walked in. There is also a female customer, only customer in line, who looks like she is well into her 70s.)

Customer: “Could you hurry it up? I’m in a rush.”

Cute cashier: “Sure thing, ma’am. That’ll be $55.72.”

Customer: “What?! You’re catalog says this dress is 50% off. How could it be at full price?”

Cute cashier: “Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to add the discount. I apologize.”

Customer: “You can’t be ugly AND dumb. Pick one.”

(The other cashier and I are taken aback by the customer’s comment. The cute cashier pauses for a moment and looks down like she is embarassed.)

Other cashier: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “I wasn’t talking to you. And if you must know, I said…”

Other cashier: “No I heard you, but why would you say something like that?”

Customer: “For starters, I can say whatever the f*** I want. Also, it’s true. Just look at her.”

(The cute cashier, still looking down, starts crying.)

Customer: “Why are you crying? You know it’s true.”

Other cashier: “O.K. ma’am. I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

Customer: “Why? I’m only telling the truth. Anyone would agree with me. Excuse me, young man.”

(I see the old lady pointing at me)

Customer: “Isn’t this the ugliest and dumbest girl you’ve ever seen?”

(I see the old lady smiling at me expecting me to agree with her. The other cashier looks at me with her arms folded. The cute cashier, still looking down, is crying even more, trying to wipe her tears away.)

Me: “Well ma’am, she made a honest mistake so you don’t have to call her dumb. Also, I see you left your glasses at home, because she is gorgeous.”

(The old lady’s jaw dropped, surprised that I said that. The other cashier unfolds her arms. The cute cashier finally looks up.)

Customer: “Are you serious?”

(I start walking over)

Me: “Yes I am. It’s also wrong to insult someone who hasn’t done anything to you. Now I believe this woman asked you to leave.”

(The other cashier gives the old lady a look that says “You heard him.” The old lady leaves without her dress and a sour look on her face. The cute cashier taps me on my back.)

Cute cashier: “Did you really mean what you said?”

Me: “Yes I did.”

(Since there isn’t anyone else in line, the cute cashier and I start talking. I find out she has low self-esteem and couldn’t stand up for herself because she began to believe the horrible things the old lady said.)

Me: “You’re far from ugly and dumb.”

(My sister finally comes out the changing room and pays for her clothes. We’re both start walking out.)

Cute cashier: “Hey, wait!”

(I turn around and walk back over to the counter. She starts writing down her number. I notice her and the other cashier start smiling. I start smiling as I walk out. My sister with a confused face, looks to me.)

My sister: “Mind filling me in?”

(BTW, the cute cashier and I have a date next week!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!