Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #149603

, , , | Unfiltered | May 7, 2019

(We cater for builders and DIY, so we stock 240V, or mains voltage, and 110V power tools, which are often used on building sites. The store is essentially a warehouse where customers order from catalogues and the items are gathered by staff)
Customer: I want an angle grinder, it has to be 110V.
Me: We have a number of that in different sizes, let me show you the range.
(After a moment he shows me the one he wants, I note the code and process the order. Everything seems fine until…)
Customer: *showing open box* What’s the meaning of this?
Colleague: Not all 110V tools come with plugs, it’s noted in out catalogue.
Customer: Do I look like an electrician? How am I supposed to use this without a plug!?
Me: With all due respect sir, I’m not an electrician but I can wire a plug. We do sell them as well.
Customer: You don’t get it! I need this ready tomorrow morning!
Me: *checking our system* The ones that cover with plugs won’t be here until tomorrow afternoon, I concede it was small print but …
(He repeated his argument several times, but in the end he bought a plug and argued about it until he collected it)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!