Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

12 Stories About The Weirdos You Meet At Garage Sales

, | Right | August 12, 2022

Dear readers,

If you’re like me, you have way too much stuff, from old clothes you hoped to one day fit into to old books you never intend to read again to useless gadgets your mother gave you because she’s addicted to [Shopping TV Channel]. Sometimes I feel like I’m drowning in stuff.

But there is hope, good people! Garage sales are a thing! And there’s even a convenient holiday to go with it: Garage Sale Day, held the second Saturday in August every year! So, tomorrow, why not offload some of the stuff that’s weighing you down? Or… go browsing your neighborhood for some cheap deals and add some more stuff to your growing collection!

Whatever you do, try not to be like these people who behaved badly at garage sales and yard sales. Enjoy these 12 stories from our archives!

 

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish – Hits from the comments: “Are you sure you don’t have some fish in the back?”

Your Scam Holds No Quarter With Me – It’s lower than low to steal from a yard sale.

The Whole Nine Yards Of Unreason – That poor BBB employee…

Likes To Toy With Other People’s Purchases – Like taking toys from an old lady… Wait…

Threading In Some Lies – Hits from Zeke from Bob’s Burgers: “What a tangled-a** web we weave.”

Maybe They Were Cream-Filled? – She must be a lot of fun at parties. No sarcasm whatsoever.

The Customer Is NOT Always Right In My House! – We think this author’s aunt is perfect for retail.

Don’t Discount The Customer’s Ability To Discount, Part 15 – We’re starting to feel like trying to sell your old junk just isn’t worth the hassle.

This Yard Sale Is The Pits – Hits from the comments: “Well, sir, you are currently on my lawn. So I guess I’m selling you, too.”

A Box Troll – The moment some rando calls me “darling”, all bets are off.

Give Them A Dress And They’ll Want A Yard – Bit of an overreaction, yeah?

Not Kitten About That Sale – Clearly I’m visiting the wrong sales because I’ve never been offered this!

 

We hope you enjoyed this Garage Sale-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

23 Crazy Stories About Thrift Store Customers, From The Cheapskates To The Morons

 

10 Smashing Stories About Small Businesses

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!