Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Would It Tequila To Be More Specific?

, , , , , | Right | February 5, 2024

I’m thirty-one years old, and I’m five feet tall. Despite my numerous piercings and tattoos, people usually think I’m five to ten years younger than I am. Despite this, I’ve been working for my company for ten years, and I’m an assistant manager.

An older customer is shopping around our store. While I am walking by to help my cashier with a time-sensitive issue, I hear the customer cursing about our aisles. Unfortunately, since we are a pretty small store in our chain, when we get deliveries of alcohol, the cases have to be lined up down the middle of our aisles. We understand that it’s an issue, but since we don’t have a backroom, we have no other choice.

Once I’ve taken care of my cashier, I head back over to help the customer.

Me: “Hello, sir, I heard you were having some difficulty getting down our tequila aisle. I can go and grab a bottle for you to make things easier.”

Customer: “I’m just looking for plain old tequila.”

Me: “You’re in the right spot, sir. What tequila can I help you find?”

Customer: “Oh, just regular, plain tequila is all.”

Me: “I can help with that. Do you remember which tequila you want, sir?”

Customer: “It’s just a plain and regular tequila.”

Me: “Okay, sir, do you remember the brand of the tequila? Or the price range you normally pay?”

Customer: “No, I don’t pay attention to that. It’s just a normal tequila.”

I realize that asking any question about the aging process won’t do me any good.

Me: “Is it silver or gold, sir?”

Customer: “I don’t know; I don’t pay attention to that. I’ll just know the bottle when I see it.”

Me: “Could it possibly be [Super Popular Cheap Option] or [Super Popular Expensive Option]?”

Customer: “I’ll know when I see it!”

Me: “Well, can you tell me what the bottle looks like?”

Customer: “I don’t know, but I’ll remember when I see it! You’re not really good at this, are you?”

I apologized, told the customer to ask if he needed any else, and went about my business.

The customer ended up buying a well-known, cheap “gold” (food coloring added) tequila, and tried to tell my cashier that we needed to hire new people because he asked the “kid” who worked there to show him his “plain old [Brand] gold tequila” like he asked. He then proceeded to yell about talking to a manager. As soon as I walked behind the registers and told him I was the manager on duty who could help him, he paid in silence before leaving.

I always help as much as I can, but don’t badmouth me to someone else when I have done all I could to help you.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!